– I know there’s almost nothing more cliche in sports talk than Mt. Rushmores. So allow me to do one quickly, if I could. I try to think about this when we talk about the greatest athletes of all time. Like, what are some sports that have been going on forever.
JENNA WOLFE: Golf.
– Since the beginning of time– No. Since the beginning of time people want to know, Who can win in a fight? So the greatest to me, the greatest fighter of all time has to be on there. That’s Muhammad Ali.
Since the beginning of time people have wondered, Who’s the fastest guy out here? Who can run, whether it’s from lions or saber tooth tigers, or whatever. Usain Bolt. So he’s got to be on there.
I also want to be fair to all people. Who’s the greatest female athlete of all time? Serena Williams. She’s got to be on there.
That leaves one spot for the greatest team athlete ever. Some people would have Michael Jordan. Some people would have Tom Brady. I have LeBron James. But Brady is in that discussion of all sports history. Is his face on the mountain? It damn well might be. And he’s not done playing. It’s remarkable.
– I have a different mountain range, but we’ll get to that in a bit.
– Ali, Bolt, Serena, LeBron. There you go.
– All right, I like it.
– There is is. There’s your four.
– Coming up. Can Doug Pederson go toe to toe with Bill Belichick? Maybe not on paper. But that’s next on “First Things First.”
CRIS CARTER: Did he say a saber tooth tiger?
Source: Fox Sports